Gut Hochreute was completed in the year 1911 after a construction period of almost three years. Walter Martini, the owner, was the son of a wealthy textile factory owner from Augsburg.
Karl Surber was employed as the architect and the basic idea was the romantic concept, which was very popular at the time, of a model property in which culture and nature could be combined. In the case of Gut Hochreute, the result was a valuable architectural jewel equipped with fine furniture, art and cultural life that also performed its function as a self-sufficient unit surrounded by nature, and additionally provided hunting opportunities right outside the front door.
The buildings, particularly the main building, are preserved in the Art Deco and Art Nouveau style. At the beginning of the 19th century this was something new, which is why the house was, and still is, highly regarded.
The original complex consists of the main building, the side wing, garages, a barn block and the ice house. 150 Italian workers were involved in the construction. They were chosen for this project based on their great skills and their special craftsman techniques. Therefore everything was executed to the highest quality. Every room in the main building was carefully furnished and received bespoke furnishings and lamps. Every room has a different layout; certain elements such as colors connect the rooms with each other.
Gut Hochreute was the first building in the area supplied with electricity, even before the nearby town of Immenstadt.